Join us as we do our part to help keep our Midlands roadways clean of litter and debris. Meet at your local Y at 8:00 a.m. for cleanup supplies and a safety briefing. All volunteers are invited to a celebration luncheon following the cleanup. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow instructions to help us ensure we have up to date information for the Adopt-A-Highway program.
Fill out the information below within one week after your pickup in order to receive credit for your efforts. Your participation cannot be credited until this information is received.
Purpose of Grant
The Litter Task Force Grant is a competitive grant that provides funding of up to $20,000 to pay for a part-time litter control officer, dedicated to enforcing state and local litter laws. This grant is a pilot program coordinated by PalmettoPride for the sole purpose of providing assistance to local governments to help enforce state and local litter laws. Grant recipients will have the option to receive funds for two years provided they fulfill the obligations of the grant.
The grant funds will be dispersed bi-annually dependent upon activities and success of the officer in enforcing state and local litter laws. Grant recipients can receive funds for two-years if requirements of the grant are met and a reduction of litter is measurable.
PalmettoPride is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to reducing litter and encouraging beautification efforts in South Carolina. To achieve these goals, the organization focuses on four essential areas — enforcement; education; awareness; and pickup.
The grant is open to county governments and Sheriff’s Departments, depending on where the officer will be housed. Priority will be given to counties that do not currently have any enforcement officers dedicated to litter control.
Prior grant recipients who are not in compliance with other PalmettoPride grant requirements will be deemed ineligible to receive funds.
Application Submission Process
A governing body, such as County Council or Sheriff’s Department, may administer grant funding. PalmettoPride reserves the right to reject all proposals and not award any grant funds under this solicitation. Failure to follow the directions outlined in the application guidelines will result in the application not being considered for funding.
The Litter Task Force Grant is awarded for an initial one year term with possibility of a second year, depending on compliance with grant requirements.
Use of Grant Funds
Funds will be used to cover overtime pay for a class one officer up to $25 an hour or up to $20,000 for a part-time code enforcement officer whose sole responsibility will be litter control. Funds will be provided quarterly. PalmettoPride will require monthly status reports, on all grant-related activities, quarterly ticketing reports and a final summary and expenditures report. The purpose of this grant is to reduce litter in your county by increasing litter tickets and fines collected and/or community service issued.
Questions regarding the PalmettoPride Litter Task Force Grant should be directed to:
Sherryl Jenkins, Grants Coordinator
(877) 725-7733 or email@example.com
In compliance with this grant, each grantee agrees to:
- Mandatory participation in the Zero Tolerance for Litter Campaign during the month of April.
- Submit a Zero Tolerance for Litter Campaign report and three (3) interim reports.
- Submit a final summary report on the progress made with the new equipment.
- Submit a completed expenditure report with receipt copies for items purchased.
Deadline for these reports are as follows:
DUE DATE REPORT
May 5 1st Interim Report (Jan – Apr)
June 1 Zero Tolerance for Litter Campaign
September 5 2nd Interim Report (May – Aug)
December 31 3rd Interim Report (Sept – Dec 15th)
December 31 Final Summary & Expenditure Report
Purpose of Grant
The Edisto River Adopt-A-Landing Grant is a competitive grant that provides organizations with funds to develop successful anti-litter programs and enforcement activities at the local level, with the ultimate goal of changing littering behavior. This grant will only pay for projects that help with cleanup, litter enforcement and litter awareness at public boat landings along the Edisto River. The grant will not pay recurring expenses.
This grant is made possible by joint partnerships between PalmettoPride, Keep South Carolina Beautiful, Walther Farms, Keep America Beautiful, and PhillipMorrisUSA.
PalmettoPride is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization committed to reducing litter and encouraging beautification efforts in South Carolina. To achieve these goals, the organization focuses on four essential areas — enforcement, education, awareness, and pickup. The Edisto River Adopt-A-Landing Grant program is an integral part of PalmettoPride’s and its partners’ grassroots initiative.
All litter control organizations, government organizations, and non-profit organizations are eligible to apply for these funds which are specifically for public boat landings located within the Edisto River Basin in South Carolina. Priority will be given to groups who partner with volunteer organizations committed to changing behavior related to littering. Special consideration will be given to applications installing cigarette ash receptacles in addition to monofilament bins.
The Edisto River Adopt-A-Landing Grants will be available online at www.palmettopride.org beginning August 15, 2018. This grant has a rolling deadline, with reports due quarterly. The adoption period spans over two-years, and supplies can be replenished as long as the adopting group continues to follow the stipulations of the grant agreement.
Use of Grant Funds
Some eligible grant activities may include any combination of the following:
· Kayaks with safety supplies and materials
· Trash Cans (Maintenance Plan Required)
· Other items as approved to help with the cleanup and litter enforcement of public boat landings along the Edisto River
PalmettoPride, Keep South Carolina Beautiful, Keep America Beautiful and/or PhillipMorrisUSA Will Supply the Following:
· General Cleanup Supplies
· Cigarette Ash Receptacles (Maintenance Plan Required)
· Monofilament Bins (Maintenance Plan Required)*
· Signage for the Adopted Public Boat Landings
*Required to include in grant project narrative. If not included in grant application, it will be deemed that the Applicant will not include the activity, therefore making the grant application ineligible.
If awarded, the grantee agrees to the following stipulations:
· To host the required quarterly cleanups of the boat landings and submit reports to PalmettoPride at least once per quarter, and/or after each cleanup, with before and after photos.
· To install at least one monofilament bin at the landing location, and abide by the two-year adoption agreement.
· To submit a press release to any and all local media sources (organization website, newspapers, e-newsletters, television, social media, etc.)
· To use the following hash tags, in any variation, when posting on social media: #LitterTrashesEveryone, #KeepSCBeautiful, #KeepAmericaBeautiful, #WaltherFarms, #AdoptALanding, #EdistoRiver, #EdistoRiverAAL
· To post, if applicable, on social media throughout the grant cycle, mentioning/tagging PalmettoPride, Keep South Carolina Beautiful, Walther Farms, and Keep America Beautiful.