Please follow instructions to help us ensure we have up to date information for the Adopt-A-Highway program.
Coordinators - Please complete this form and forward to your County RME for final approval before submitting to Mallory Coffey.
RMEs - Please add your contact information at the bottom of this form and send this form to Mallory B. Coffey no later than February 3, 2019.
The County Coordinator of the Year award is self-nominating.
- The judges’ selection will be based solely on the answers found on the nomination form. Please do not submit additional documentation.
- Please submit your responses in a Word or PDF Document of no more than (2) two pages (regular letter-sized paper, 12-point font). Your responses should be clear and concise.
- DO NOT omit any questions in completing the form(s), for each will be considered in the tally.
The AAH County Coordinator will select and nominate the county’s Outstanding Adopt-A-Highway Group of the Year.
- Begin by selecting several groups you feel did an outstanding job as Adopt-A-Highway groups in calendar year 2018.
- Rate selected groups using the attached SCORE SHEET. Rate each group on the SCORE SHEET according to how well you think the group performed in each of the 10 categories.
- The group with the highest score when all points are totaled on the SCORE SHEET will be your county’s “2018 Adopt-A-Highway County Group of the Year.” In the event of a tie, strike out the high score and the low score on the SCORE SHEET. Re-tally the scores of the tied groups. The group with the highest score wins.
- Only document the score sheet on this form with the winning group.
After selecting the Outstanding County Group of the Year, please inform the Group Leader they have won this honor and will be nominated for the District Group of the Year. Confirm the information you will need to complete the DATA SHEET such as Group Leader’s name, phone number, address and email.
All County Winners will be considered for District Group of the Year and State Group of the Year. Please note that the judges’ selection will be based solely on the answers and comments provided on the DATA SHEET, SCORE SHEET and NOMINATION FORM for all possible awards.
After selecting your Group of the Year, you must have the county RME sign off on the selection.
Fill out the information below within one week after your pickup in order to receive credit for your efforts. Your participation cannot be credited until this information is received.
The 2019 SC Litter Control Association/Keep South Carolina Beautiful Annual Conference will be held at the Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes on February 20- 22, 2019. The full conference registration fee is $185.00 and includes all breaks, award luncheon and annual individual membership dues. Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card.
8400 Costa Verde Drive
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
STANDARD ROOM RATE: $93.00
Rooms can be reserved by calling (800) 228-9290. Be sure to ask for the SC Litter Control Association group block. You may also make your reservations online at: www.MyrtleBeachMarriott.com using the group code LTRLTRR to book a resort view guest room.
Space is limited, so reservations must be made by Friday, January 18, 2019, after which time the room rate is not guaranteed.
The above rates apply three days before and three days after the event based on availability. Hotel room rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes, currently 13% in effect at the time of check - in. Daily resort on-site parking rate are $15.00 and $18.00 for valet.
All reservation requests will require a one (1) night's guarantee that will be refundable only if the reservation is canceled at least seven (7) days prior to arrival date.
The Myrtle Beach Marriott has a 7-day group cancellation policy. Group attendees have up to 7 days prior to their arrival to cancel/modify existing reservations. Any changes made after this point will result in a charge of one (1) night’s room and tax.
In compliance with this grant, each grantee agrees to:
- Mandatory participation in the Zero Tolerance for Litter Campaign during the month of April.
- Submit a Zero Tolerance for Litter Campaign report and three (3) interim reports.
- Submit a final summary report on the progress made with the new equipment.
- Submit a completed expenditure report with receipt copies for items purchased.
Deadline for these reports are as follows:
DUE DATE REPORT
May 5 1st Interim Report (Jan – Apr)
June 1 Zero Tolerance for Litter Campaign
September 5 2nd Interim Report (May – Aug)
December 31 3rd Interim Report (Sept – Dec 15th)
December 31 Final Summary & Expenditure Report
Purpose of Grant
The Edisto River Adopt-A-Landing Grant is a competitive grant that provides organizations with funds to develop successful anti-litter programs and enforcement activities at the local level, with the ultimate goal of changing littering behavior. This grant will only pay for projects that help with cleanup, litter enforcement and litter awareness at public boat landings along the Edisto River. The grant will not pay recurring expenses.
This grant is made possible by joint partnerships between PalmettoPride, Keep South Carolina Beautiful, Walther Farms, Keep America Beautiful, and PhillipMorrisUSA.
PalmettoPride is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization committed to reducing litter and encouraging beautification efforts in South Carolina. To achieve these goals, the organization focuses on four essential areas — enforcement, education, awareness, and pickup. The Edisto River Adopt-A-Landing Grant program is an integral part of PalmettoPride’s and its partners’ grassroots initiative.
All litter control organizations, government organizations, and non-profit organizations are eligible to apply for these funds which are specifically for public boat landings located within the Edisto River Basin in South Carolina. Priority will be given to groups who partner with volunteer organizations committed to changing behavior related to littering. Special consideration will be given to applications installing cigarette ash receptacles in addition to monofilament bins.
The Edisto River Adopt-A-Landing Grants will be available online at www.palmettopride.org beginning August 15, 2018. This grant has a rolling deadline, with reports due quarterly. The adoption period spans over two-years, and supplies can be replenished as long as the adopting group continues to follow the stipulations of the grant agreement.
Use of Grant Funds
Some eligible grant activities may include any combination of the following:
· Kayaks with safety supplies and materials
· Trash Cans (Maintenance Plan Required)
· Other items as approved to help with the cleanup and litter enforcement of public boat landings along the Edisto River
PalmettoPride, Keep South Carolina Beautiful, Keep America Beautiful and/or PhillipMorrisUSA Will Supply the Following:
· General Cleanup Supplies
· Cigarette Ash Receptacles (Maintenance Plan Required)
· Monofilament Bins (Maintenance Plan Required)*
· Signage for the Adopted Public Boat Landings
*Required to include in grant project narrative. If not included in grant application, it will be deemed that the Applicant will not include the activity, therefore making the grant application ineligible.
If awarded, the grantee agrees to the following stipulations:
· To host the required quarterly cleanups of the boat landings and submit reports to PalmettoPride at least once per quarter, and/or after each cleanup, with before and after photos.
· To install at least one monofilament bin at the landing location, and abide by the two-year adoption agreement.
· To submit a press release to any and all local media sources (organization website, newspapers, e-newsletters, television, social media, etc.)
· To use the following hash tags, in any variation, when posting on social media: #LitterTrashesEveryone, #KeepSCBeautiful, #KeepAmericaBeautiful, #WaltherFarms, #AdoptALanding, #EdistoRiver, #EdistoRiverAAL
· To post, if applicable, on social media throughout the grant cycle, mentioning/tagging PalmettoPride, Keep South Carolina Beautiful, Walther Farms, and Keep America Beautiful.
Submissions may be based on the theme “Litter Trashes Everyone” or a theme of the student’s choice. One winning artwork from each participating school will be sent to PalmettoPride for final judging. School winners will be judged by region (Upstate, Midlands, Lowcountry and Pee Dee) for one (1) winner from each region and (1) additional state winner will be chosen.
Regional winners receive: the winning student receives a $250 check and a framed print of their artwork; the teacher receives a $250 check for art supplies and the school receives a $500 check, as well as a framed reprint of the winning artwork.
State winner: the winning student receives a $500 check; the teacher receives a $500 check for art supplies and the school receives a $1,000 check as well as a framed reprint of the winning artwork. The state winning artwork will be featured on PalmettoPride t-shirts ordered for 2019 and the winning student’s school (students and faculty) will receive t-shirts featuring the winning design. A certificate of appreciation will be provided to all participants.