The 2019 SC Litter Control Association/Keep South Carolina Beautiful Annual Conference will be held at the Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes on February 20- 22, 2019. The full conference registration fee is $185.00 and includes all breaks, award luncheon and annual individual membership dues. Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card.
8400 Costa Verde Drive
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
STANDARD ROOM RATE: $93.00
Rooms can be reserved by calling (800) 228-9290. Be sure to ask for the SC Litter Control Association group block. You may also make your reservations online at: www.MyrtleBeachMarriott.com using the group code LTRLTRR to book a resort view guest room.
Space is limited, so reservations must be made by Friday, January 18, 2019, after which time the room rate is not guaranteed.
The above rates apply three days before and three days after the event based on availability. Hotel room rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes, currently 13% in effect at the time of check - in. Daily resort on-site parking rate are $15.00 and $18.00 for valet.
All reservation requests will require a one (1) night's guarantee that will be refundable only if the reservation is canceled at least seven (7) days prior to arrival date.
The Myrtle Beach Marriott has a 7-day group cancellation policy. Group attendees have up to 7 days prior to their arrival to cancel/modify existing reservations. Any changes made after this point will result in a charge of one (1) night’s room and tax.
Thank you for hosting your Litter-Free Game. After the game is over and the cleanup is done, complete this form to receive your challenge reward. By completing this form you acknowledge that students from your school coordinated a successful Litter-Free Game.
You wil lbe verifying that the students fulfilled their obligations of the program including promoting the event as litter-free and having a presence during the game. Completting this form indicates that you are pleased with their efforts and feel that the students understood the importance of not littering and that the stadium was left litter-free at the end of the game.
Purpose of Grant
The Edisto River Adopt-A-Landing Grant is a competitive grant that provides organizations with funds to develop successful anti-litter programs and enforcement activities at the local level, with the ultimate goal of changing littering behavior. This grant will only pay for projects that help with cleanup, litter enforcement and litter awareness at public boat landings along the Edisto River. The grant will not pay recurring expenses.
This grant is made possible by joint partnerships between PalmettoPride, Keep South Carolina Beautiful, Walther Farms, Keep America Beautiful, and PhillipMorrisUSA.
PalmettoPride is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization committed to reducing litter and encouraging beautification efforts in South Carolina. To achieve these goals, the organization focuses on four essential areas — enforcement, education, awareness, and pickup. The Edisto River Adopt-A-Landing Grant program is an integral part of PalmettoPride’s and its partners’ grassroots initiative.
All litter control organizations, government organizations, and non-profit organizations are eligible to apply for these funds which are specifically for public boat landings located within the Edisto River Basin in South Carolina. Priority will be given to groups who partner with volunteer organizations committed to changing behavior related to littering. Special consideration will be given to applications installing cigarette ash receptacles in addition to monofilament bins.
The Edisto River Adopt-A-Landing Grants will be available online at www.palmettopride.org beginning August 15, 2018. This grant has a rolling deadline, with reports due quarterly. The adoption period spans over two-years, and supplies can be replenished as long as the adopting group continues to follow the stipulations of the grant agreement.
Use of Grant Funds
Some eligible grant activities may include any combination of the following:
· Kayaks with safety supplies and materials
· Trash Cans (Maintenance Plan Required)
· Other items as approved to help with the cleanup and litter enforcement of public boat landings along the Edisto River
PalmettoPride, Keep South Carolina Beautiful, Keep America Beautiful and/or PhillipMorrisUSA Will Supply the Following:
· General Cleanup Supplies
· Cigarette Ash Receptacles (Maintenance Plan Required)
· Monofilament Bins (Maintenance Plan Required)*
· Signage for the Adopted Public Boat Landings
*Required to include in grant project narrative. If not included in grant application, it will be deemed that the Applicant will not include the activity, therefore making the grant application ineligible.
If awarded, the grantee agrees to the following stipulations:
· To host the required quarterly cleanups of the boat landings and submit reports to PalmettoPride at least once per quarter, and/or after each cleanup, with before and after photos.
· To install at least one monofilament bin at the landing location, and abide by the two-year adoption agreement.
· To submit a press release to any and all local media sources (organization website, newspapers, e-newsletters, television, social media, etc.)
· To use the following hash tags, in any variation, when posting on social media: #LitterTrashesEveryone, #KeepSCBeautiful, #KeepAmericaBeautiful, #WaltherFarms, #AdoptALanding, #EdistoRiver, #EdistoRiverAAL
· To post, if applicable, on social media throughout the grant cycle, mentioning/tagging PalmettoPride, Keep South Carolina Beautiful, Walther Farms, and Keep America Beautiful.
PalmettoPride knows that South Carolina students are creative and care about the environment. Our annual art contest is available to any South Carolina teachers or educational groups to particpate in this fun and educational competition. Elementary school students will need to create artwork themed around “Litter Trashes Everyone”, on the paper provided by PalmettoPride. The winning artwork will become the design for our new t-shirt.
Here is what you will need to do to participate:
1. Complete the following application.
2. We will send you our official Litter Trashes Everyone paper to use and a self-addressed return envelope to send your artwork in.
**As an effort to reduce our waste we will phase out the return envelope for sending in artwork, this will be the last year we provide the return envelope. Future contests will only allow for artwork to be submitted online.**
3. Your school is required to judge all the participating students’ artwork and select one student to represent your school or class.
4. Submit your winning entry to PalmettoPride online through this link or postmarked by February 15, 2019.
All school entries will be judged by PalmettoPride’s guest judges to select the four (4) regional winners (Lowcountry, Midlands, Update and Pee Dee) and (1) statewide winner.
PalmettoPride will supply 14 X 8.5 sheets of paper to teachers who wish to participate once this application is received. Entries must be drawn on the sheets provided by PalmettoPride. Any medium will be accepted. Five (5) color maximum allowed. Images/ photographs of the student’s work may be featured on our various social media outlets and promotional material. Artwork must be submitted no later than February 15, 2019. Regional winners and the state winner will be announced on March 11, 2019.
For more information, contact Jessica Albert at 877-725-7733, 803-758-6034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.